2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
Lining in Tennessee - the "patron state of shooting stuff" - sure must be like a fantasy to some of the posters on here. Guns and open carry are a way of life here.

One of the things I would like to do is figure how to modify something within reach inside the car to conceal a pistol yet have quick access. I mounted one of those modular Blackhawk Serpa holsters vertically in the console of my 2001 Ford truck. That holds a full-sized 1911 perfectly and completely complies with the law.

My 88 GT Mustang had a section of door panel detached from the rest of the door panel, converted into a spring loaded flip-out panel, and a couple of '87 mustang electric gas tank releases to hold the panel shut. Closed, it was a perfect fit. Push the left horn button and the panel pops open. Sure wish I could do that to my BMW, but the door panel is not shaped right for that.

Has anybody modified their F30 to conceal a pistol??
First, as a lifelong NY-Metro resident, it is a foreign concept to carry... at least legally.

I have an accomplished background in customizing vehicles professionally. This includes building more than my share of hidden "mobile safes" in vehicles. Often it would become a little funny when we would ask the client how large the safe needed to be. They'd kinda dance around the answer. Nobody really wanted to outright say they wanted a stash box for a gun (or drugs). That's far from legal around here. Of course, some people legitimately needed mobile safes... Like the (Manhattan) diamond district guys I've catered to.