View Single Post
      05-05-2014, 01:37 AM   #50
donoman
Rookie
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 2.5i 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
I found the OEM aluminum mids (Carver DSP system) better to my tastes than the Bavsound mids. I think the OEMs are smoother and as detailed. As mentioned earlier, I upgraded just the tweeters, then set the graphics with pink noise and a spectrum analyzer....... the upper 2 frequencies on the graphics I had to lower quite a bit to smooth out the system. I think just replacing the tweets and analyzing the system is the way to go, short of a real upgrade like a line level summing product and new amps and speakers, or a new head unit. I like the integration of the factory system with the nav, so if I did anything I'm sure it would be a summing/EQ product.
By any chance, did you do this exercise with the stock system? I'd be interested in your EQ settings. Right now I think my E86->E85 reflash is good enough for me. I realized recently that this Coupe isn't that quiet, there's a lot of road noise compared to my Convertible, because the trunk can transmit all kinds of noise. I have a trunk carpet on order and some Dynamat (actually RAAMmat - great stuff) in the garage waiting to cut my fingers up.
1983 Wife
Appreciate 0