View Single Post
      12-20-2018, 01:41 PM   #4
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
Ouch. I bought this exact same lip for $400 because it wasn't a black Friday deal. This was years ago. The car looked SICK on the road. It lasted me 3 weeks when it broke also on the driver's side fang. I hit a dip that didn't see until the last minute. I drove it like that for a week, car looked horrible. After that one week, I hit a small bump driving into Discount Tire for new shoes. Went in at an angle, but my lip snapped in half right in the middle like yours. I took it to some guy locally, charged me $100 to repair it. He fixed it up with fiberglass right in the middle and painted the middle section black. He glued the driver's fang and painted the small crack in black, couldn't even see it. The lip lasted me about another 2 months before it snapped and broke again in the middle, leaving it unrepairable (only because one piece flew off in the freeway).

The piece is TRUE carbon fiber. It's not dipped as Guidok pointed out and it seems to be more than 1 layer of carbon fiber, you can see it on both inside and out. I'm sure it does have fiberglass composites of course.

I'm going to purchase the Schmiedmann lip again but i may also purchase the carbon fiber APR lip so i can put it at the bottom and it MIGHT protect the upper Schemiedmann lip.
2013 BMW S1000RR K46 R.I.P.
1998 BMW Z3 Roadster 1.9L E36 SOLD
Appreciate 0