09-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #138
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I've lost several jobs over the years from this right here. A supervisor who is threatened, by me, being able to get shit done versus their inexperience and their ability to kiss the owners ass.

I've never been that guy. I'm not rude, but I don't sugar coat shit. If a CEO comes to me with a problem, rather than saying yes sir and blowing smoke up his ass, I break down the entire scenario, highlight potential issues and then provide solutions to said issues. Not to sound like an ass, but I'd love to have 10 of me working for me.

Lol....this is me right here.

I'm known as the guy that crushes people's requests. Other managers who sit in their office all day go to the president with these great ideas, and he comes to me.

I lay out how it will affect our state and federal permits, if it involves regulatory restrictions, what those may be, and how much it would actually cost to bring it to fruition.

Unless it's a substantial cost saver or enhances production, it gets squashed pretty quickly. Most of the requests are for things that allow the managers to get out of doing which is really their due diligence.

Also the president comes to me every month for cost analysis....and the CFO wonders why? I don't sugar coat anything. You tell it for what it is, and you don't have to worry about being bitten later.

But you make enemies. The Manufacturing Manager has actually told his guys they aren't supposed to talk to me......but its because they highlight his shortcomings. And if the President asks me a question, I'm not going to lie to protect anyone even if it means I incriminate myself.

It's work....and we are all there to make it successful and ultimately profitable for the owner. So I treat the company's finances like I treat my personal finances while others have the attitude that oh well.....it's not my money.

That infuriates me!
MKSixer34184.50