3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman51 View Post
Hey Folks,

I am going to take a chance and try and purchase an RTD shifter.

I am not sure which shifter and which DSSR option I should specify. Here is a pic of their options. Any guidance on the DSSR is much appreciated.

Here is the shifter listing on the RTD website, and a pic of the options below.

Thery have a shifter for the E46 M3, I am wondering if that is the right one to purchase. There are no DSSR options for that shifter.

Should I be buying the E46 M3 shifter, and using it with my stock DSSR?

I've followed the advice in this thread, but I want to be sure I have it right.

Thanks!
Eamonn aka eggman
Not sure why you'd choose something different from what ANILE8 used (he literally provides a direct link to the shifter model). But RTD's website states the shifter is the same for all models listed with the exception of the E8x/9x. The screen shot you posted above says "DSSR (Double Shear Selector Rod) depending on your transmission model (N54, N55, S65)" - none of those trims apply to the E85/86. On the bottom of that same page, it also says "Tags: 135i, 1M, 335i, automotive, BMW, BMW Shifter, E82, E8X, E90, E92, E9X, M3, N54, N55, Racing Shifter, S65, Solid Shifter, SSK"

Re DSSR, I would just take ANILE8's advice and go stock. But if you're keen on experimenting, seems like your best bet is to contact RTD directly on DSSR options. FWIW RTD has an E46 DSSR listed for $78.

Last edited by 3002 tii; 09-16-2019 at 02:06 AM..
Appreciate 0