02-28-2020, 01:05 PM   #31
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
This would be a step in the right direction. But from my US view point, the promise of collaboration and single access to all of your medical records has been and still is a pipe dream. Even though I have portal logins to see various things, it's still not complete. An example is my oncologist's portal. I can see some basic information and it's where I have to go for my blood work results. But I can't see the radiology reports nor scan images that are part of my file. If I didn't get copies of these from the radiology office, I would be totally in the dark. And notice that I said portal logins. I have one for my GP. I have one for my GI doc. I have one for my oncologist. I have one for one of the labs I had my blood work done in the past. They're all independent systems. My GP has access to the local hospital's medical records system. But I don't think my oncologist does. It's a total mess.
It's also very basic info - I usually try and get image files for radiology and it's like pulling teeth just to get the low resolution files that play in a viewer. I want the full resolution files because my Dad's a radiologist and can consult on a second opinion but half the time it takes multiple attempts just to get what I'm asking for.
Appreciate 0