Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 MC

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
If someone with a E85 could get a trace file from their DSP module using NCS Expert I could use NCS Dummy to show the differences between a E85 and my E86 and save the output. That will show us exactly what is different between the 2 cars. Though by looking at my E86 trace file, it looks obvious what the differences probably are.

I translated a few of the German words that may make a difference in loudness.

This is the factory coding on my E86:
GERADESTEIGUNG_LOUDNESS = JUST PITCH LOUDNESS value = E83 E86
ECKFREQUENZ_LOUDNESS = CUTOFF FREQUENCY value = E86
PEGELADAPTION = LEVEL ADAPTATION value = E86

Also almost every FILTERBAENKE1 through FILTERBAENKE55 is set to E86 for my E86 DSP module. Allowed values are E83, E85 and E86.

I guess I could change every value that is E86 to E85 and recode the DSP with the E85 values and listen to how it sounds. It would only take a few minutes to switch between E85 and E86 coding modes.

If I can find what function makes the bass louder and just code that while leaving all the other function setting alone, then this hybrid coding may make the system sound even better than just changing the all the coding of the E86 DSP to E85. I'm sure the acoustics of E85 vs E86 are much different. The BMW engineers have those 55 FILTERBAENKE to play with. I would really like to know details about those 55 FILTERBAENKE.
A Hybrid coding could make even more sense as you mentioned. Is it possible to recode an amp without taking it to the dealer or installing it in an e85?

I read the links on post #11 and tried to interpret it, but i'm having a tough time. You are way ahead of me on all of this already. pretty impressive stuff.