02-28-2020, 02:02 PM   #35
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
This is what I do always after a scan. I ask for a copy of the images to be burned onto a CD before I leave the office. Not that I'm a radiologist but it helps for me to look through the scan images myself before I get my hands on the radiology report. My previous oncologist would go through my scans with me and point out different things he's looking for/at. It provided me some basics as to what seems to be out of the ordinary as I have all my previous scan images on CD. This is what radiologists would do anyways....compare your previous scan with the current one to look for any changes. PET scans are easy to read. Depending on the view, that glowing red spot or dark black spot is something active that the PET scan picked up. Depending on the location, it's either normal or abnormal. The included viewer software on the CD will even tell you the measured SUV of that area.

I have all the reports and CDs precisely for situations where I want a second opinion. It came in handy when I had NIH/NCI review some of my scans.
Sounds like they're a bit more helpful given the seriousness of the illness. But for regular broken bone or MRIs for non-cancer situations it's unnecessarily difficult sometimes.
Appreciate 1
///M///1861.00