02-27-2020, 10:16 PM   #5
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
Does your plan not have an ER copay?

A lot of these new “high deductible” health plans don’t have any copays which leaves people with a big surprise after a seemingly routine visit
The point is not about copay but more about what they bill for a frickin’ service. I can’t even comprehend it sometimes because it makes no sense. Here is an example and I’ll just talk about one of the line items because the rest will likely blow your mind....when I had my motorcycle accident, they put in a claim for $1400 for oral medication in the 1.5 day hospital stay. Just to be clear, the oral medication just involved a nurse handing me meds to swallow. $1400 for the three times she had to do that. Chew on that for a bit. Lol!

When I was in Italy during the European delivery I caught a bug and fell ill suddenly. The ER trip, seeing a doc and a course of antibiotics (no insurance) came out to 38 euros.

Last year in Switzerland my 4 year old daughter fell ill in Lauterbrunnen. Went to the local hospital where they did xrays and complete bloodwork along with medicines. Bill was 125 euros and by European standards that’s high that’s because it’s Switzerland. Compare that to here if I needed walk in doc visit, bloodwork, xrays, prescription drugs and following. Easy 4-5k.

I fucking hate the healthcare cost and hate more how the ridiculous cost is normalized in our society.

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00