03-20-2020, 08:15 AM   #12
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael9218 View Post
Not sure the steering angle is the source of your abs issue. My steering angle has been out of calibration for a while intentionally to cause dsc to be in complete default. No abs issue on my car.
Don't crush my dreams like that Michael! I already replaced wheel bearings, abs sensors etc. I was hoping this was going to be the fix but if not i guess its back to the drawing board. It only happened after I put the arms on and its been perplexing me a bit trying to solve it. I can brake as hard as I want in a straight line but as soon as I add any steering angel at low speed the abs very intermittently lightly pulses. If I have DSC on it will even some times trigger that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael9218 View Post

Am also curious about the CMP lowering bushes. Interesting concept, but know of no one using them. The rear suspension is also very different geometry than the McPherson strut. So not sure the benefit with upper and lower arms.

What benefit are you expecting from a rear coil over conversion?

The front end of the car feels so tight with the SLR setup that it has highlighted some of the handling deficiencies in the rear end. All my bushings in the rear are original except the RATB (have RE delrin ones in there) so I figure replacing all the bushings back there this year is a good plan.

From everything I read solid for the rear sub frame is the way to go. I was originally going to get the the Turner Motorsport bushings but then starting reading the threads on here about the guys going widebody and them having to move the rear subframe up in the body to fix the geometry for their extremely lowered cars. This then took me down the internet rabbit hole and I found two companies making subframe bushings that move the subframe a couple mm. CMP and a second company out of Japan. The ones from Japan are actually adjustable so they can be configured at stock height if desired.

With the SLR arms I am able to run my car decently low to get at much out of the front splitter as I can. This means the rear is pretty low too so I thought I would give the CMP bushings with the roll center correction a try. I agree that I am not sure it has near the effect as the front arms due to the design of the suspension. I am also a bit skeptical because none of the big BMW race part manufactures make bushings like this. Maybe they did the calculations and figure there was no benefit? I figured if I want to change them to something stock height its not the biggest problem. This leads into why I want to go coilover in the rear..

With the car at the height I want to run it means I am having to run a 5" rear spring which I think is too short. By going rear coilover I am hoping to be able to run a longer spring but keep the same height.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0