ryank382
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank382 View Post
I feel like it's impossible to go loud without massive drone on this platform.

I have a roadster w/ catless headers and stromungs mufflers (everything else in exhaust is stock) and with the top closed it drones bad (very bassy). Top down all drone is gone. Wanna go louder so bad but top closed drone will be unbearable. Some sort of valved system/muffler may be the only option but I haven't seen any good examples of this.

For reference to drone tolerance I run a non resonated Remus catback with valves open all the time in my f80 m3 and don't mind it
Welding these in between the x pipe and muffler flange may do the trick. Just need to measure if 2.25 or 2.5" is better fit but they're nice and short so squeezing in should not be problem

https://www.totalflowusa.com/totalfl...l-race-muffler
Thanks for the reply man I considered something like this but I just feel like a small resonator won't do the trick but then again I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank382 View Post
I feel like it's impossible to go loud without massive drone on this platform.

I have a roadster w/ catless headers and stromungs mufflers (everything else in exhaust is stock) and with the top closed it drones bad (very bassy). Top down all drone is gone. Wanna go louder so bad but top closed drone will be unbearable. Some sort of valved system/muffler may be the only option but I haven't seen any good examples of this.

For reference to drone tolerance I run a non resonated Remus catback with valves open all the time in my f80 m3 and don't mind it
If there's room, welding in a J pipe like this. This is loud but no drone.
Weld in a J Pipe like this. Loud and no drone.

Thank you for the recommendation. I haven't read much about using a J pipe but after doing a quick search seems like it helps a lot of people. Will have to find an exhaust shop by me (fort lee nj) and try this. Do you know if you need a specific length to cancel out the right frequency? Seems like some people weld these on before the mufflers but not sure what the best application is on our platform or with a specific muffler like my stromungs lol

Sorry for thread jacking!!
Appreciate 0