pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakib View Post
Bringing this thread back to life as I got a chance to sit in gtMc's car and hear the difference first hand. From what I understand, I need a volunteer with a convertible Z with Nav system (just like mine) so I can ship them my amp and they install it in their ride, take a ride to the dealer and have it coded. I will reimburse you for the dealer charge (obviously) and your time!

Thank you!!!
The recoding is really easy and only requires a $12 cable, a laptop, install some software and do a little reading. I don't know why are willing to send their amps to someone and pay to have a dealer recode it. I figured out how to recode by myself in one evening by just doing a little reading and I don't even have a college degree. On top of that there's a ton of diagnostic s/w that gets installed and it's pretty cool to play with. Hopefully I'll never have a problem and need to use it for real.

Now, I'm going to have to recode my E86 DSP module to E85 specs and listen to the difference. Too bad someone can't read their E85 DSP module and post it so I can try it. I'll just have to make an educated guess as to what I need to change, which most of it is obvious.
Appreciate 0