pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtMc View Post
A Hybrid coding could make even more sense as you mentioned. Is it possible to recode an amp without taking it to the dealer or installing it in an e85?

I read the links on post #11 and tried to interpret it, but i'm having a tough time. You are way ahead of me on all of this already. pretty impressive stuff.
It is possible to recode the DSP module in my E86 to E85 specs without going to the dealer. Actually, from what I'm hearing the dealer can't do it without putting the amp in a E85. The software they use is probably idiot proof so they can't mess things up. The software I'm using is for the engineers to use who know what they are doing and will let you recode it anyway you want which you could mess things up if not careful. It's pretty easy, you just have to edit the file, or use NCD Dummy to change the values, then send edited file to the module. The problem is all these functions in the file are not documented and I can only go by the name of the function and guess what it does. Like those "filter bank 1-55" things, my guess is they are frequency levels.

My guess is that this amp is also used in the E83 since many of the values can be E83. Since the X3 has a much larger cabin, I wonder if telling the amp it's in a E83 would boost the bass level even more that the E85 value?
Appreciate 0