11-05-2019, 11:38 AM   #14
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar93 View Post
Definitely in. I've been real close to pulling the trigger on a Varis hood twice (one new, one used), but shipping killed it both times as it was an absurd amount on an already expensive piece.

Looking for a tasteful design but form < function. I'm partial to the Varis myself, however there's numerous threads on these forums speaking to more benefits of the vents being closer to the front of the hood. Both AriuSen and Michael9218 have several posts on their takes on that. Benefits for cooling and aero.

Additionally, my preference would be exposed carbon on the underside and both sides of vents, however I'd be painting the outside body colour so finish doesn't matter there - cost savings would be more appreciated. Similar to how a few manufacturers have varying options based on customer preference: fibreglass, 1-sided carbon, 2-sided carbon, etc.
Definitely function over form for this piece and we will consider doing in different finishes/material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Sea View Post
Big shout out for Jordan and the team all the way around the world to Christchurch New Zealand yes arrived this morning one hour later fitted and photographed. Simple understated and elegant. Hurry up with the diffuser..........

Now about the hood? Hmmmm thinking
Thank you for your support and patience. It looks excellent and you didn't waste a second installing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
There was a thread on the forum a while back regarding the best location to have air ducts to remove underhood heat.
Perhaps some thought could be put into location of some vents for functionality.
I can't seem to located them. Can you recall what keyword to search?

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 0