10-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #6
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Man View Post
That would be sweet! Hmmmm........I do have a brainiac engineer that may be able to conjour up something. I will call tomorrow and reply. Whats something like that worth?

well im a designer myself but i work with the visual side of things, so we would def, need someone with a mechanical mind, im not to bad myself but i would need more horse power to make something like that up.

i sometimes daydream up little one-off projects and make them for my car but i imagine this could be a marketable thing if done right and was not throug the roof cost wise.

that part of the car always looked like something should happen their.

kind of like the bmw in the james bond film when it droped the grenade from the side marker or something like that.

i imagine you would have to make some sort of frame to hold the blinker flush with the body and when voltage is sent to the unit the acuator pops it open, the new samsung class 9 sterio setup has a 3d blueray player that has a round element that rises when turned on. but thats way to complicated.

i just imagine you could mill out a carage unit to slide on and the electric acuator has a 2 second delay so as long as its getting power it would remain open then after the power shuts off (blinker no longer is on) after two second or so it would retract.

basically what i see in hige end sterio systems this would be a peice of cake, just may need someone to make a pc bourd for the timed delay. not sure whats out their!

it be cool if he thinks it would be easy to do, maybe ill start brainstorming ways to make it happen.

also like i said with the tweeters that pop up, the tech is already their but i imagine the cost of the motor or mechanism for this little babys are outrages!
Appreciate 0