SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by milamookie View Post
Hey Salty,

If you're somewhat mechanically inclined I would try to do it yourself and pay for the alignment. I recently swapped out the stock springs with H&R lowering springs which is probably 80% of the work it would take to swap out the struts & shocks/springs. First time I've ever done it and I must say it wasn't too difficult. Maybe it's because I'm lucky and every bolt came off as it should. Of course you'll need the right tools. I'd recommend having some sort of impact gun, air or in my case a cordless. Does wonders with getting suspension bolts off. Just rent some spring compressors from AutoZone and have the usually hand tools and 2 floor jacks if possible. I used bills we space DIY instructions and they were dead one...PM me if you decide to do it and I'll share what I know. By no means an expert but could provide some help.
I appreciate the offer of help. I have to admit, I keep thinking of trying to tackle it. We'll see. Thanks again!

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0