No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
hey, I have some fond memories of a 6 cyl dodge dart from high school
Didn't mean to diss the Dart - I definitely have some fond memories myself - but subconsciously I'm sure that my perspective is twisted with jealous rage. They wouldn't let me spend my college fund on that mint 930 Turbo either, so I was clearly warped and abused.

And for NEfan, I don't think you are fully getting what I was saying. It's not 'if you get caught' - that would just be a big ticket, criminal record, etc - no biggie for a hardened scofflaw such as yourself. I'm talking about if there is an accident, even one caused entirely by another driver, you are at fault, and without any insurance. I don't know what kind of money you have, but an MVA with emergency response can easily run you $20K, before they transport anybody (and before you pay for the damaged property), easily over $100k per person if it involves life flight, or ICU (surprisingly common in Mass). Then there are the lawsuits from all the nice people you hurt.... lots to risk for a rather lame bucket list item.
I hear you LOUD n clear, he's with me when he's driving or with his mother it's mostly going to be around home base, it's just to get time behind the wheel

I'm a regular guy that pays his taxes, does the right thing, I certainly help push the wagon, I do take advantage of some loopholes (sometimes) but definitely not a "scofflaw" my grandfather uses that word, he's 80

look @ 10 people closely, 9 of them will be doing something illegal Playing poker for money at home, Speeding, driving with out a seatbelt, using cell phone while driving, Underage drinking yes @ 18 can buy a gun but can't drink a beer? and smoking marijuana and god forbid all those who claim their home business in the kitchen is 500 sq for not 200 sq ft. Let's roundup these deadbeats, I bet some have parking tickets from the early 2000's ?!?! shoot to kill

My boy will not drive every day
I'll pay if need be, fines, car replacement and or medical I'm ok with that, lots of liability concerns for sure but that's life it's fine

If something happens I'll deal with it
Appreciate 0