11-18-2015, 08:19 PM   #43
Z4M_LEV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 750i, F30, Q50S, VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I've done this before, but at Buttonwillow. You need $8,000 total, including fire/safety and flaggers. Fire/safety is usually $800-1,000 per day, and flaggers are $100-120 per station per day. For BW we usually hire 6-7 depending on configuration and if we need a pro at pit exit.

Add insurance ($1,200 per event), food (if you want it), it's $8,000 for Buttonwillow. It's $16,500 per day at Auto Club Speedway for the big track, but only $9,000 for the infield. The benefit of running the infield at ACS is there's no need to book a hotel room, where as for WSIR (90 minute drive) and Buttonwillow (120 minute from L.A.) it's probably a luxury to stay overnight.

Keep in mind, with 30 people it's $250 per person. With 50 it's $160. But with such low car count, you can potentially run all day (8 hours) if it's 30, 4 hours if it's 50. The biggest challenge is getting that many people to show up. In the past, we've gotten as many as 50 to say they'll come, but only about 20-25 actually shows. So if you've only collected $160 up front for the 50 that promised to show, you're woefully short at the end.

And this is usually a list of "friends" that include club racers, instructors, and serious junkies that would give a left nut for a cheap track day.

Having done this about half a dozen times, it's a lot of work.

The other option is to rent a run group out from organizations such as Speedventure. The cost of ancillaries and logistics are already factored in.

Great info! Thanks! Still sounds good to me, I think if we give enough time and advertise such event through forums we might be able to pull of around 30 cars, hopefully more. And yes I am aware of the other groups such as speed ventures, speed district, etc and they usually get a good amount of participants but the actual track time varies from a great amount to just a bit. Looking forward to talking more in depth about this on Saturday. -Cheers!
Appreciate 0