01-08-2020, 06:29 PM   #51
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Ugh, the Quick Jack is like 70% of the way there for me. If it raised the car just a little bit higher I would have bought one a long time ago. The idea is perfect, but the execution leaves me wanting (about 30%) more.
How high you looking to go though? I'm 6'4" 270lbs (not a skinny kid) and I've got enough room to lay on a creeper and still have been able to do anything from oil changes to suspension swaps to trans swaps to engine swaps. The jack does include 8 rubber blocks (one set is short, the other is tall) that can easily be stacked, but mind you that you need to be able to slide the jack under and still fit the blocks between the jack and lifting points. There's also I-beam shaped lifting pads for truck frames but I didn't need those as you can see from lifting my F150 in the above pics. I'm sure it's not recommended but I've even stacked the shorter blocks up front and taller blocks out back to give myself more room when I needed to slide a trans underneath my X5M.

I used a buddies MaxJax for a suspension swap and while it was great for that being like 5' up, it was awkward for anything underneath...it wasn't tall enough to stand under and was too tall to laydown under, so instead he's put casters on an old BMW seat as a happy medium. The seat was a happy medium but be prepared for tired arms if you're doing anything heavy since you're not laying down but not standing upright and can't use a trans jack or anything of the sort.
Attached Images

Last edited by m5james; 01-08-2020 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ickdeep5718.50