View Single Post
      02-02-2019, 08:31 AM   #14
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post
I actually floated the idea of selling and replacing with an RCF - it was more about differing priorities with my cars than which car is 'better,' though.

To me, when it comes to a proper/true sports car, E85/86 is one of the best platforms available, with classic proportions. Front engine, RWD, 6 speed only, adequate power, seating is behind a long hood, almost over the rear wheels, all with great handling dynamics. The spiritual sister (with arguably better handling, according to many), would be none other than the Honda S2000!

I also love the idea of an M2/M2C to replace the Z but I fear I'd miss the small/compact feel of the Z4 that adds to the overall driving experience.
As much as I love the M2C, it wouldn't come close to being able to replicate the Z4M's. I personally think they're hands down the best M car available at the moment by a long shot, and would be a good replacement for say an E46 M3. It's a fun car, right size, right price compared to competition and looks great, but it's no Z4M. If it's the one new car I could have in my garage, it would be the one. However, the only replacement I see for my Roadster would be something liek a Porsche GT4, which gets destroyed the value department compared to our cars.

I wouldn't even consider the old M2. Nice chassis, but while the N55T sounds good, it's a let down at the top end. I left my day long test drive pretty disappointed.

If you want a comfy DD, I'd highly recommend the E9x M3.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0