View Single Post
      11-28-2018, 03:58 AM   #96
2skiddy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Hi Michael, you can fabricate new mounts, but for me at the time, using the original standard mounts was easier for just mocking up. The position of the engine and Quaife 69G box was to be determined by raising the unit up into the car and seeing how far it would go back and down. I had a space consideration for clearing the front ARB (sway bar to you), which is a chunky Motorsport item. This resulted in a 10mm ish clearance front and rear of the engine. I could have used the Motorsport subframe and the modified mounts that come with it, but these might have got in the way of the oil pump plumbing routing and the supercharger pipes. Everything was very tight in there, and I had to modify the left hand mount slightly to allow the steering shaft some room. In the end I modified the subframe for the mounts and inner suspension pick up points, and decided to see how that went and maybe fab some up later. I used hard race Vibratechnic mounts BTW, to give a little compliance. If I can find a picture or two, I will send them. Could you please message me your details? Cheers
Appreciate 0