View Single Post
      05-12-2019, 02:12 PM   #18
jns_e85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 X3 2.5i, '06 z4M, '17 M2

Drove the ///M yesterday for Road America

It was...AMAZING!

Shout out to Brent 86Zed for excusing my idiocy regarding meeting up and unintentionally ghosting him. Sorry again mate!

Had a great time learning more about my car and its limits. I was fortunate enough to have a fellow Windy City BMW CCA club member and Z3M coupe owner instruct me, who provided great advice. Ended up only using traction for the first session as I kept approaching its limits, and he was comfortable enough to release me on my own for the final session of the day.

I definitely have a lot more to learn about the different driving techniques that apply to HPDE, (namely more patience on approaching a corner, as well as better braking and downshifting technique), but overall I met my primary goal of being able to drive home and the secondary goal of getting under 3 minutes. Needless to say, I'm hooked and can't wait to do another event in June!

Videos! Unfortunately, I ran out of storage space on my phone for the TrackAddict data from my fastest lap of the day

Fastest lap with data - 2:57.515

Fastest lap no data - 2:51.740

2017 M2 - Camber Hubs, MPE, and some other goodies
2006 Z4M - Epic Tune / Eventuri CAI / Euro Headers / Stromung / FA 500 / AS SSK / Arc 8s
2004 Z4 3.0i - Gone, but not forgotten!
Appreciate 2
Vanne1620.50
kaybat125.50