shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
While what you said has a lot of merit, the fact is Jordan has 6 rings out of 6 and James has 3 rings out of 9 finals. James has lost 6 finals! Jordan has lost zero finals.

A lot of people agree with you that James is the GOAT. Based on his personal career stats, its a toss up between between James and Jordan. For me, the difference in finals performance will always put Jordan first. James said in the six finals his teams lost, the better team won. Jordan never had to say that.

The trouble for James now is no matter how well he does, he cannot erase his horrible finals record. He knows that. That's why he is so frustrated he walks off the court before the game is over. I think history will show James as second best. Still great, just not the greatest.

Its hard to bring up the ring argument because of Bill Russel. You can put it this way, Lebron went to 9 finals and Jordan only went to 6. The problem with these stats and numbers is that you can cherry pick which stats fit the narrative.

I like to listen to actual NBA players make these comparisons and they will all say Jordan and Kobe are better than Lebron.
You could also look at it as -

Jordan - 6-0 in the finals.

Lebron - 4-6 in the finals.

They're all generational talent. No team would turn down adding prime Jordan, Kobe or Lebron.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00