View Single Post
      02-06-2023, 05:26 PM   #5
Toddbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F22

My dad and his dad were Chrysler people. Granddad had a Chrysler Imperial.
When my dad got out of college in the late 50's. He wanted a TR3.
The local Dodge dealer sold Triumphs, so that is where he bought his.
His story on the TR3, was that he was visiting relatives in NJ (he was living in VA at the time), and had a shop in NJ tune the car.
He remembers they did a job on the tune and it drove great after that.
He was getting head colds from the soft top and side curtains, and needed to get ride of the car.
Back then, dealers were more partial to providing a good trade-in on the brands that they sold, he wanted a T-Bird, but the Ford dealer would not give him a good
trade-in price. So he went back to the Dodge dealer, which started his history with Dodge/Chrysler. Can't remember what he bought.

Growing up we had Valiants for my mom, and he had a 1968 Barracuda with the slant 6. I made sure he kept that car for me when I turned 16.

My brother and I talked him into buying a 1978 Porsche 924. I asked him about insurance for two teenagers since he let me and my brother drive that car. He said he did not know (or care), the insurance was through his business.

Had a number of good times in that 924, took it to two Porsche Parades (and did get a few speeding tickets).

Over the years I have had my own Triumph TR250, '72 911T, E36 M3, Miata, and now the M240i.
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11498.00