View Single Post
      02-03-2020, 08:47 AM   #23
jns_e85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 X3 2.5i, '06 z4M, '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
I havent heard of anyone with dramas from the RR adaptors, that said, i dont run them.
Not really why i responded to this thread, but there you go, the real reason ive responded is the that someone mentioned mushey and long travel oem brakes?

Mushy? probably means you got air in your system?

I ran the Oem setup with proper pads and lines and fluid for over 2 seasons on track and i must say, these are really good for an OEM setup. ive never had mushy brakes and i cant breally comment on the /long/ travel, as that would depend on what your used to. I have had brake fade a few times, but thats only because of my dumb driving style and no brake cooling.

at any rate, id say the OEM setup on the M are pretty darn good. That said, there is a huge difference with swapping to a propper setup BBK. I dont think i ever out drove the OEM setup, aside from my own stupid mistakes and driving style. My current setup just allows me /more/ stupid mistakes without having to come in. (i am still learning , trying to make a few less stupid mistakes)

(the real issue with brakes on track is the pre-emergency stop pressurising the brake line when you come quickly off full throttle - thats caught me a few times)
That would be me! haha

I wouldn't say my issue is the brakes are mushy due to air in the system (though that DID also happen to me as well this year) it would be the inconsistent pedal travel. If i didn't "pre-load" the pedal, most of the time my brakes were not firm at the top of pedal engagement resulting in a long travel, thus making it more difficult to replicate braking points. I already have stainless lines, was running ATE 200, and added cooling halfway through season. I also did a brake bleed before each event, taking out ~ 0.5 liter each time.

My reference points are my '04 3.0i and the misses '17 JCW. Both have WAY better pedal feel being nice and firm from the start of engagement.

I am intrigued though about this statement:
"the pre-emergency stop pressurising the brake line when you come quickly off full throttle - thats caught me a few times"

I'm not familiar with what this quirk is, maybe we are talking about the same thing?

2017 M2 - Camber Hubs, MPE, and some other goodies
2006 Z4M - Epic Tune / Eventuri CAI / Euro Headers / Stromung / FA 500 / AS SSK / Arc 8s
2004 Z4 3.0i - Gone, but not forgotten!
Appreciate 0