View Single Post
      07-26-2015, 09:04 PM   #10
MeisterS
Rennfahrer
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi E36 M3 & E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossdog View Post
Hello, My name is Chris, I live in Brighton, MI. I just acquired my first BMW, a 2006 Z4M Roadster. I've just had it a few weeks. I had the vehicle inspected by BMW of Merrillville IN, near where I purchased it. It got clean marks all around. It has 38K miles and there has not been a valve adjustment yet. any suggestions on the best place to have that done?
I'm a car guy but I know little about the Z4 or BMW's in general. Any tips are appreciated.

Oh, yah, one other thing, I don't have the pin code for the bluetooth link. I pulled a bunch of carpet out of the trunk looking for it on forum advice but I did not find it. Monday I was going to start calling dealers to see which one would look it up for me gratis, I hear some dealers want to charge you $50 or $75
Howdy neighbor! Congrats on the car.
I got the valve adjustment and some fluids done @ Steve's European Automotive - Waterford last year.
Did you check the TCU under carpet/trunk. That is where the "sticker" is supposed to be. If you end up going to a local mechanic they should be able to fix the BT pin too for a lot less (could be free especially if you get valve adjustment done) than BMW dealership.
Goodluck!

Current- Jerez Black E92 M3 | Arctic Silver E36 M3/4/5 | Monaco Blue E90 325xi
Past- AW Z4-M roadster| JB Z4-3.0si | '98 Accord V6 coupe
Appreciate 0