View Single Post
      10-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #24
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

This is an amusing review.
A BMW 3 series wins, NOT because of it's handling and fun to drive factors, but because of an interior design opinion.
I recall the 3 winning many times even when iDrive was considered the worst of it's kind.

My, times surely have changed.

I'm amazed at how negative he is towards the handling on backroads even with a sport line 328i that has the sport suspension.

My 335i Msport has the M adaptive suspension, and I don't know if it's really that much stiffer or better in "sport" mode as the standard sport suspension. But, I was down in southern Indiana around Bloomington last week and the handling and control were excellent with my 335i.
Yes, it could use a bit firmer spring, or thicker sways, but over all there is no way I would describe it as not having "an ease" about how it's does things.

In this review he pretty much makes the 328i sport line sound pretty bad when being driven as a sport sedan on twisty imperfect roads.
Is the adaptive suspension that much better than the standard sport suspension?

From his description the 328i sport is as lackluster as any other car compared to a 3 series, when you compare the 328i to the ATS with it's magnetic ride control.
It almost sounds as if he's not driving a sport line, but maybe a Lux or Modern with the standard suspension.
If the sport suspension garners those types of comments, then the Lux and Modern may be no better than an Accord or Camry.

But then, he picks the 328i as the winner?!
WTF? He sounds confused.
Appreciate 0