Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakyDog View Post
Is the latch going to be forgiving if the owner forgets these are installed and try to put the top up without removing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
If the latch breaks if the top is raised with the covers in place, is it practical to include a couple of spare sets of latches with each set of covers, or sell them as separate extras and folks can buy as many as they want? It would be a shame for such a rare and highly sought-after accessory to become unusable for something so easily done.
In the couple years I had the roadster with the OE top covers I forgot them in several times when I opened the top and they were never an issue or concern, and the OE latches were all plastic. These should be as durable or better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
I am in more information. Thinking about covering in alcantara.
What I would be concerned about is when you open the top they just fall out onto the car/ground. The OE ones were rubberized (like our dash or door panels) so would survive the fall, and more than likely not damage the car. With these, if they fell at best they would scratch (the covers or the car), but at worst they would crack. Covering them in Alcantara would not only look great (very premium looking, which the OE's were not), but would add a bit more protection. Great idea.

All that said, if you were negligent and made sure to take them out you'll never have an issue. And these look great - love the idea of paint matching to the car, I would have done that in a heartbeat.
I am adding paint and alcantara to my rollover bars and the alcantara on the covers would visually add some texture to all of the hard surfaces of our cars.

My dream is to have a set in carbon fiber but alcantara is an easier route.
Appreciate 0