2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoaddict View Post
Is there anyone here who own a Rivian SUV or pickup? Curious to know your thoughts on it. It looks amazing.
The build quality is hot dogshit and that is putting the most polite spin on it. At the PPF shop where I get my cars done, I pop in from time to time for a quick wash/clean up and I get to see what they're working on. I get to look at the Rivian SUV's and trucks before they're delivered to people and the panel fit and finish is truly awful.

I don't have pictures, but I've seen entire door frames bent (at the top), and sitting crooked, trim pieces at strange angles, entire front ends with over 1/2" gaps from the headlights on one side and tight on the other, horribly misaligned fenders meeting the front door causing 1/2" or larger gaps randomly to open up.

I am not the kind of guy who has to have everything be perfect and check panel gaps with a feeler gauge, but they're egregiously bad. Tesla is somehow leagues ahead of Rivian, and their fitment is terrible too. Lucid (Based here in AZ I think) is even worse. Overspray over the whole car bad on multiple cars, including a sapphire I've seen causing huge issues for the new owners. Some refusing to take delivery and all that jazz.

I'd also venture to say that rivians look terrible in the front. It looks like a character from Big Hero 6, my nephews favorite movie.