View Single Post
      10-02-2021, 11:29 AM   #14
Nipsey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 Bmw z4 coupe

I also painted the needles a reddish orange color which I prefer over the silver.
One of the most important things is check and recheck before you progress to the next step during this. You don’t want to get something reassembled and find out you forgot something and need to take it apart all over again. Mark the polarity of the led before you remove them. I put a black dot for negative on the pcb before I removed the original leds. The leds have a corner cut off the square to indicate negative. In a pinch you can check polarity when it is plugged in and lit up using a multimeter. Note where the notch is and the others will all be the same.
That and don’t apply any more heat than necessary when removing or reinstalling leds. Better a solder joint that has good continuity but is not pretty than a smooth shiny connection on an led you cooked and have to remove or something else on the board gets desoldered because there was so much heat applied. This is common practice anytime you repair or modify a printed circuit board but it bears repeating. Not to say be satisfied with an ugly solder joint that may have poor connection but just don’t get over zealous with the heat.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nipsey; 10-02-2021 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0