View Single Post
      12-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #115
Michael9218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Mounts finished

Minor update. After confirming the motor fitment, I then obsessively measured everything up. Five measurements to make sure all is well. Centered in engine bay, height, roll, pitch, and yaw. I needed to make sure these were all correct before fabricating the trans mount, since I did this mount in place. All measurements were spot on except roll. For some reason, the exhaust side was 7/16" too low causing a little too much slant in the ole slant six. So I modified my exhaust side mount and all is now well. Not pretty, but functional.

With that done, I fabricated the trans mount.

Now to start on the plumbing changes. Coolant return pipe, power steering reservoir and lines, radiator hoses, and of course, the new oil system.

Now the motor is back out and on the stand. Time to paint the new mounts, remove the oil pump chain (point of no return there...), and final oil pan install. Then I wait for the 3 stage oil pump so I can modify the mount and begin work on the plumbing.

I dropped off the center exhaust section to a local shop for shortening.

The big wait is for the trans. But I do have a big white box from Geoff Steel looking for some attention. Plenty to do...
Appreciate 4
Azeka1285.50
longress104.50
Vanne1623.50