Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

More updates:

Started building the downpipe so that I can run the wideband and do some tuning

Lovely 44mm Tial

Tial sits down at the bottom, will be vented back into the downpipe

Got the shifter installed!

And - went out and purchased the FORD Fuel Pump Driver Module, wired it up (rigged for now)

For those who don't know, these cars utilize PWM fuel pump control, but since I can't fool the DME (yet), the pump would run full duty at 73psi base. Couldn't get the engine to lean out further than 11.2 AFR at idle Since I can't run a mechanical regulator, had to find another option. Decided to remove the Z4 EKP fuel controller from the picture and found a Ford solid state relay controller which accepts PWM as an input, and outputs PWM ~30A capable to run a fuel pump!

So, with the AEM, I mapped out PWM vs fuel pressure, and got it working at ~37psi idle, 43psi at base, and climbing to 70psi as if it were running a vacuum-sourced fuel pressure regulator. Works like a charm! Never thought I would be running a BMW with Toyota and Ford parts mixed in

Had to re-route coolant hoses since I wasn't getting coolant flow into the cabin for heat. Now using the Toyota rear coolant hoses.

Spent quite a bit of time tuning the PID parameters for the N52 throttle body (not easy when 1% to 2% throttle position correlates to 700rpm and 1200rpm! the N52 plate is huge). Engine purrs like a kitten up to 180deg coolant temp.

Last edited by dre99gsx; 07-31-2017 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 0