02-08-2016, 03:13 PM   #15
Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Old thinking was that CR had to be lowered when running high boost, because inlet air temperature can be regulated (lowered) via an intercooler. Once it passes into the cylinder, you've got what you've got, and CR and fuel quality will dictate whether you will get detonation. New thinking is that high CR will work without detonation, but it's risky and up to the tuner. When asked about CR, my tuner said 11.5 for the Vortech. While he is very experienced and knowledgeable, I wanted to see for myself what this meant for the air coming into the engine (or intercooler). I was curious as to whether a Vortech running high boost could handle a higher CR than stock, and how inlet temperatures differed from a twin screw at the same peak boost.
Running high comp and high boost on pump gas will be very risky. Increasing the comp while adding boost makes no sense, rather leave the comp were it is stock and add more boost. The only way you would get away with it is running E85. I don't think pump gas and water/meth will be enough.

Will be interesting to see how it goes nontheless. Good luck!
Appreciate 0