View Single Post
      02-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #13
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westersund View Post
I never said it was a big difference, but there is a difference. And if he's going to run stock rods and 400 WHP he's walking a very fine line and will need all the help he can get to increase reliability. Even if that means sticking with the centrifugal instead of a twin screw. Unless he's planning on spending most of the time at the rev limiter it's not the rpm's that will kill the rods first. If rev's are the cause of rod failure it's more than likely it's because of over revving, not hitting red line momentarily.

Well, then I still don't exactly understand what your statement is?

Do you think an engine can handle more torque at low rpms or can it handle more torque at high rpms? What is it?

As for this build I think the mapping or better said the ecu will have the biggest problem.
The ms45 doesnt lend itself very well for high boost. (ess dropped the ts3 offer on the ms45 for that; problems with the ping algorithems that havent been cracked&mapped yet, or so they say. None of the other tuners have a high psi possibility for the ms45 either.)
The fuel injection might be another problem
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 02-08-2016 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0