View Single Post
      01-25-2022, 12:26 PM   #29
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
In that case I would take my LIDAR gun's download to court to show the magistrate that my gun was, indeed, being jammed by that vehicle although I couldn't find the jammer itself. I would have a 50/50 shot of getting the favorable ruling.
That video dates way back and before LIDAR gun got better. I know the folk over at radardetectors.net use to get their hands on radar and LIDAR guns and use to do real world testing. They use to test the jamming features, and they said if you were like 10 over, and you heard the signal and hit the brakes fast enough you could slow 10 in less time it took the LIDAR to acquire the returning signal, it is not instantaneously. Plus no person using a LIDAR is perfect it take a little time to accurately acquire the target, It is not unusually for you to hit the front then the hood then the windshield before your settle the gun. Especially at longer distances, You already said you wait to they get close this reduces error. The easies way to beat a LIDAR ticket was the one which were done over 1000ft, the target area is small at and the beam spread was 8 to 10 ft so you could be hitting multiply things at the same time and the gun needed time to figure out what was the true return signal.

I use to have the operating and training manuals for a couple of the popular LIDAR and Radar guns. Over the years the manual became useless since they did not want people like me knowing how the gun worked
Appreciate 0