Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Jammers are illegal here. I'm not sure the exact amount of the fine for a violation of 28150 CVC, but it's only an infraction unless you have 4 or more jammers in your possession. I would guess the fine is $200 or less. I've never written a citation for it, thus, never gone to traffic court to see what the judge assessed.
It is a $10,000 federal fine for operating a frequency jamming or interference devise. I personally never heard of anyone getting reported to the FCC and being fine but it is out there if a judge wants to make an example of you.

I know there are some Jammer which interface to the ODB port on the car and you can have it automatically turn off once the car speed drops to a certain speed limit. The best one only turns on once it receive a LIDAR signal. If the Officer has a feature which allows a quick burst you will be too late to jam it, but the ready they get will not be that accurate as the full couple of sec ready which the jammer can interfere with, but you need to slow down, shut the jammer and allow the LIDAR to acquire the signal.

There was great YouTube video of trucker (which is totally illegal for truckers to have radar detectors or jammer) who got pulled over since the officer knew he had some sort of jammer/detector on his rig, and they search the Truck (did not tear it apart) looking for it, turning on all the switches and looking for hidden switches but could not find it or activate it. The guy indirectly admit he had something, but never said where it was hidden or how it was activated.
In that case I would take my LIDAR gun's download to court to show the magistrate that my gun was, indeed, being jammed by that vehicle although I couldn't find the jammer itself. I would have a 50/50 shot of getting the favorable ruling.
Appreciate 1
BMWGUYinCO4122.50