04-11-2020, 09:29 AM   #156
Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
I would be interested in this... I was actually just looking at this last night after I finished the install of your front brake cooling ducts. I would imagine the rears would only need a 2 inch line since they dont seem to get as hot as the fronts.

The other part I was looking at 3D printing is some sort of side roundel replacement that could be used as a duct to draw hot air out of the engine bay. I know a guy made a one off set of these back in the day. This could be a really cool part and applies to all Z4's... not specific to M's or none M's.
Cool, I will look into it when I get the Z4 M out of storage. Just have to figure out how to do it, have to consider the parking brake I guess.

A duct to replace the roundel wouldn't be too much hassle to make I believe. If I don't remember incorrectly it's just a simple type of fastening on that, press it inward and less than a quarter turn.

Thanks for the pictures also! Looks great. Even if it will take a long time to rust away I would consider a couple of layers of paint on the metal parts (heat resistant paint on the backing plates).