Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post
Seriously. Fuck old people. They shouldn't be driving.

The part of the whole experience that I can't get over is the hysterical bullshit the old lady spouted right after the accident. "It's not my fault, because this and that and blah blah", "I have insurance".

Bitch, you've damaged a pristine low-mileage collectible car. Sure, I can repair it, but it will never be exactly the same and no insurance company is going to pay the sum of money that reflects the damage.
I was feeling sorry for you until this post. If the car was so valuable to you, why did you drive it on public roads? Did you insure it with Hagerty? Instead you attack a whole class of people ("old people") because of a simple accident. How old are you? And what's "old" to you? You'll find as you get older that your definition of "old" will change. At what age will you allow someone to take away your keys? 50? 60? 70? 80?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post
Seriously. Fuck old people. They shouldn't be driving.

The part of the whole experience that I can't get over is the hysterical bullshit the old lady spouted right after the accident. "It's not my fault, because this and that and blah blah", "I have insurance".

Bitch, you've damaged a pristine low-mileage collectible car. Sure, I can repair it, but it will never be exactly the same and no insurance company is going to pay the sum of money that reflects the damage.
I was feeling sorry for you until this post. If the car was so valuable to you, why did you drive it on public roads? Did you insure it with Hagerty? Instead you attack a whole class of people ("old people") because of a simple accident. How old are you? And what's "old" to you? You'll find as you get older that your definition of "old" will change. At what age will you allow someone to take away your keys? 50? 60? 70? 80?
I'm in Europe, I'm not familiar with American insurance policies for these type of cars.

Granted my original post was reactionary and yeah, I probably shouldn't classify all old people as bad drivers, let's not kid ourselves, the older you get the worse you will drive.

There's definitely a sample of older people that drive very well, possibly even better than much of the younger crowd especially because of years of experience on the road. However, the vast majority doesn't and it's the arrogance of bad older drivers that are in complete denial of the decline in their senses that pisses me off. It's a question of safety for everyone, from the driver and everyone that surrounds him/her. Age group I'd say around your 70's and above based on what I've seen from random drivers and through family.

Lastly, I don't have any tracks around me and I think it's a huge waste to not be able to drive a special car around where I like. Z4M is the attainable collectors car for the everyday working class hero, track days are prohibitively expensive. I really don't see your point.
Gone: E92 M3 | RS3 8V | E82 1M | AMG GT-S | X3M Comp | F80 M3 | Juke Nismo RS | E85 Z4 M Roadster | R58 Coupe JCW | F87 M2C| F87 M2 | F22 M240i | F82 M4 | E89 Z4 2.0i | F56 Cooper S | E92 330i | R56 One
Appreciate 0