07-29-2015, 06:45 PM   #19
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
Funny thing, I took my Rolex in because I knocked the bezel off, so I'm talking to the woman at the service counter and she checks and says it's been 11 years since it's last cleaning, so she's going to get me a quote for the bezel and cleaning. So I say really, like I'd say not to do the work? She tells me it happened once, in fact they told the customer not to get it fixed, it was a guy in his 70's, had the watch for almost 50 years and had never had it serviced, it was going to cost $7000 to make it right, they took it as a trade on a new watch which ended up saving him a few bucks.....
It's always good when that works out well.

I don't think I'm going to let my Rolexes go for 40-50 years with no maintenance. LOL It's comforting to know I can, and maybe it'll be alright if I do, but I'm not gonna.

BTW and FWIW, being able to do that "trade in" thing totally depends on the seller and given that Rolex boutiques aren't actually owned by Rolex (last I checked, not one of them) one may even be offered a nice trade in opportunity even at a Rolex branded boutique.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0