View Single Post
      06-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #18
Silverbullet330i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntzUntzUntz View Post
The OEM mufflers restrain so much of the beautiful orchestra the S54 is playing it's sad. Changing those is going to make a significant change in tone/drone/sexyness.

The RPI's might be a little too loud in my opinion. I haven't heard it in person but it's the loudest one out of the bunch. Closest to a muffler delete setup from the way it looks. On the other hand, the Diablo's have a larger muffler which will (hopefully) restrain some of the rasp the car might produce. Plus, the Diablo's have a larger tip size. I believe just over 3 inches in diameter. I'd go as big as I can with that setup!
I definitely want bigger tips from the diablo but the loudness from the RPI. Its not my daily so I dont think ill mind the drone and it being loud. Dubsesd, chime in since I know you have the RPIs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlav17 View Post
Looking good! I actually test drove this car during my search but didn't pull the trigger. Good luck with it!

Are you running a front spacer, and do you know what the front camber setting is? I just put my 9.5" apex's on the front and they're rubbing slightly on the fender liner.
Really? What made you not purchase it? The camber plates are putting the Apex's around 3.5+ I believe. Im not too sure on that but no rubbing at all.
Appreciate 0