View Single Post
      07-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #44
pelerojo
Private
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4inAZ View Post
Batteries do not ever come with vent tubes, they are not supposed to. AAA installs vent tubes in every car I have had them work on. They may not be qualified BMW technicians, but they change batteries day in and day out, you would think they know how to do their job. Heck, I am not sure if there is an incorrect way to connect a vent tube.

And guys, battery sizes do change. There will be a time when the OEM battery size for this car is no longer available anywhere. Bigger isnt better and smaller isnt worse, get a battery that fits in the tray and be done with it. H6 is one of the smallest euro size batteries available and if thats the OEM spec for these cars then just about anything should work. I know I have a 26 (comically small battery) in my car right now and it never fails to start and never does anything weird or "off"

I think the reference to vent tube refers to the elbow which should come with a new battery (both of mine did). Size is one thing but going from 770 CCA to 600 is a big drop in capability given M's appetite for juice.
Appreciate 0