View Single Post
      05-13-2020, 02:23 PM   #65
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaberti View Post
Alright, after having finally gotten the car sorted, I found my nearest E85 station. I live outside St. Louis so in my area they are not quite as common, but there is one up the street. Unfortunately, it is a station that notoriously marks up prices because it is so close to the interstate - premium there is $2.9 when everywhere nearby it is $2.10 or less. E85 ran $2.35.

After filling up and using the app, looks like my percentage is about 55%, which also explains why I felt no real difference before swapping over - a caveat is that the roads are drenched right now and I didn't touch the top end. Might be where all the fun is, which suits me just as well. Otherwise, car runs/starts no issue. I will run down the tank as soon as the weather improves and try a different station; what's a slightly longer drive for cheap power?
I usually run the tank to 0 miles before I fill up. E85 at my station tests to be about e78 in the app. Once you find an open road you'll notice the top end is a lot better, crisper throttle response. The way it throws you back in the seat fees different
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 0