Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Yeah, I totally get that. We are all speculating here but unlike myself you actually have the the career to back up what you are saying so I'll 100% defer to your expertise here. As I've been saying its easy to sit back and comment on how it could have been done better. And maybe you are right that none of those officers had any intel on what lead to this, motive, etc. Is there not a police chief or someone in a command center of sorts that DOES have all the info at his or her fingertips that can generally guide the response of the officers on the scene? Or is is the total free-for-all that it appeared to be?
Not much for me to add here from an expertise standpoint. I have experience as an EMS first responder and things can get chaotic even with a Battalion chief on scene directing operations.

But one thing I do want to point out. It's much different but a situation where there was an overwatch command set up over operations. This is the infamous Mogadishu Black Hawk Down situation. There was a Black Hawk circling around the operation directing troop movements. Even with them collecting information and relaying it down, there was tons of confusion and many times the direction in movement wasn't fast enough in reaction to what was happening on the ground. This was based on some of the accounts I've read.

These dynamic situations with civilians involved is extremely tough where LEOs are expected to be right 100% of the time. I don't know how many professions where that's an expected requirement. Again not saying this is similar to this situation. But it was interesting watching a reality show that was on cable called Combat Missions. This show was a collection of what many would consider the elite of the elite doing simulated missions. The contestants were SEAL, Marine Force Recon, Delta, Green Beret, and some other special ops I can't remember now. But in the group where SWAT guys which I think were from LAPD. On the simulations with hostages, it was readily apparent the difference in how the SWAT guys handled the situation versus the military guys. It really gave me a different respect and perspective for all that was involved. Granted these are simulated missions/scenarios. I can't imagine how things would be in real life as real life is never predictable.
You make an excellent point regarding the "100% right" expectation placed on law enforcement.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34173.50