View Single Post
      09-07-2023, 11:38 AM   #121
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

See my post in another thread...

https://www.zpost.com/forums/showpos...postcount=2858

I realize there has been a lot of discussion about doing this, but i am now in the process of sourcing another X3 dash trim part so I can 3D scan it along with the original Nav trim in order to combine them into a proper trim part that allows the trim to fit flush on the dash, line up the mounting holes, cover up the existing Nav opening completely while also moving the display further down the dash as far as i can to help lower it in the FOV and make the touch screen more comfortably accessible.

We have needed this trim part for a long time now, so I WILL get this part done...just like i did my kidney grille support ring. It will be a 3d printed part that is compatible with this unit. All of these displays, seem to be of similar origin with only slight differences in how they are implemented. I have seen a lot of online ads that use inaccurate pics in the descriptions and often engage in what appear to be straight up falsehoods to get you to bite. With that said, cross compatibility of this trim with other display variants is another question altogether...but this is at least a place to start.

I will likely start its own thread when i get something worth sharing.

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe | Sapphire Black | 19" ZCP Wheels | Michelin PSS - 245/285 | Carbon Leather
Black Corners | UUC Short Shifter | ///M Racing Pedals | OE Strut Brace | LED Accents | PEMP Android

Last edited by Z4Kevo; 09-26-2023 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 0