Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 540i, '06 Z4si, '07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMP4me View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by belcom View Post
Here's my question, if you ran both staggered and square setups on your Z4 what kind of experience, feel, difference did you see?

Also, any advice on how to work out the flat spotting? I read somewhere to put as much air as the tire allows and drive it for 100-150kms.
Square setup on non-runflat tires is the ticket, will be nice even running 245s all around. Less understeer, more front end grip, better turn-in "bite", all good things, plus ability to rotate wheels front to back and keep wear even. As part of the switch, check your alignment as well and dial in as much as front camber and caster as stock suspension setup allows.

I left my M coupe sitting all winter on its street Michelin PS4S, no special overinflation or anything, and if there was any flat spotting, I didn't notice it. YMMV with runflats though.
I had never experienced issues with any Michelin tire as well and went through many different kinds over years including a set of PSS. Michelins are my tires of choice.

Thanks for your input on square setup. I think that's what I will end up doing this season. Will try to locate a decent set of Michelins.

And alignment is definitely going to be done as soon as suspension is in. I will talk to them about camber.
Appreciate 0