06-06-2015, 04:27 PM   #11
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
I feel the same way about the wheels, it's my favorite mod on my car.

For the light source the sharp line actually works pretty well, but isnt effective. Try looking at the dollar stores or home depot for LED lamps. something with a row of white LEDs would be a good light source and if it's bright enough you can stay out of the view of the camera. Add an extending paint roller pole and you can get the light above the car too.

Something like this
+1 on a more spread out light source via some sort of LED wand but OP, be sure to watch out for light leak - when the light from your source goes direct to the lens you'll end up with streaks above the car such as that last photo. Some people like that style but it's not always desired/intentional.

When using another light source, try using some sort of shield behind it, blocking it from view of the camera.

Also, are you doing timed exposures or manual exposure? The ghosting will occur when you're spending a bit too much time in the frame - if you aren't already, try using manual shutter speed and walking the light source over the car, following the lines of the car, and closing the shutter once out of frame. You'll definitely need a remote for this.

Really, it'll come down to a whole lot of experimentation Looking forward to the next batch!

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0