09-24-2019, 04:11 PM   #7
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Got it -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic22 View Post
I am not sure on the seats yet. I am going to change them and have been looking at the Lotus Evora seats, specifically these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-L...IAAOSwk35buy4p as I like the color contrast even had a look at some M2 Coupe seats as they would look good fitted if I could get them to work.

The car originally had Sepang leather but the previous owner changed the door cards with the seats due to them looking tatty. It will sit in the garage over winter so I can decide. I really like the look with the cage the issue being in England as in Seattle in the summer we can have 4 seasons in a day it seems so weekends away or longish trips might be an issue with no hardtop with me....
The Lotus seats are awesome; your UK/Seattle summer weather observation is spot-on....but the benefits of the roll hoop (minus it's weight and increasing the center of gravity) is safety/rigidity/looks; but your supercharged S54 can clearly take care of a little bit of extra weight....it is awesome to enjoy the beautiful Great Pacific Northwest weather in the Red Roadster with the top down....and the convenience of pushing the button and we're out of the elements.

Tell us about the acceleration with the supercharger....