View Single Post
      03-06-2020, 07:16 AM   #61
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Yes, or any of the other reasons why someone might choose an EV. Here are some other opinions:

https://www.energy.gov/eere/electric...hicle-benefits

I started driving an EV (a Focus Electric) a few months ago as a challenge to myself to see what the hype is about.

For me, not being able to charge at home would have been a deal killer. But for some folks, even without that ability, depending on beliefs, circumstance, and goals, they may be willing to make whatever compromises are necessary.
What's been your thought so far?

Currently, my commute is only about 8 miles each way, so an electric car would work pretty well in my life. With gas being around $2.10 per gallon in my area, I just haven't felt the need to make the switch yet. Plus I wouldn't want to sell any of my cars for one at the moment either.

However, in combined driving, I don't think any of my 4 cars get more than 20 MPG max, so it is a concern should gas go back up to $4 per gallon like it did back in 2008.

For me, I'd consider a 2017/8 BMW i3 in a couple of years, full electric non-REX.

P.S. I would just charge at home at 110V, or occasionally at work. I don't see the need to upgrade to faster charging than that, especially considering I have plenty of other cars I can rotate.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0