View Single Post
      03-05-2020, 10:43 AM   #53
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
I almost never charge mine at home even though I have a garage. It’s better to have a charger at work IMO, don’t have to pay for anything and you’ll be there for a while anyway. The nicer cars can stay in the garage, win-win the i3 is actually quite good parked on the street as the climate control will turn on automatically a few minutes before I leave in the morning, car is always toasty

Also saw it mentioned that EV’s were expensive. That’s not always true. Some of it depends where you live, but I’ve seen plenty of sub $200/mo leases on i3’s, and just saw last week on leasehackr some guy was able to get a bolt for $17/mo lol. No typo. FWIW, for the price of our X7 we could’ve gotten 4-5 more i3’s, not including the gas money...
i3s depreciate like a rock. You can find them for less than $15k everywhere. I've heard of super cheap lease deals on i3, wonder if that's what my co worker did. How did that guy get $17/mo for a bolt? I know they don't sell that well but that's practically giving it away. I have my own home with a garage but it's only 110 volt. I may get an EV at some point but I like the sound of an aftermarket exhaust. My loaner with a 2 liter is too quiet and not that fast.
Appreciate 0