View Single Post
      09-20-2015, 11:32 AM   #30
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Track mode programmed and tested.!
For anyone that tracks their M, this is easily one of the best things you can do to improve the car.

We did the coding on my and Caddyshk's car.
We were both out to a track day on the 18th and had an absolute blast.

Conditions were dry and hot (28c) the track itself was a touch on the slick side

This track was new to us so we did the first track session in the normal 'nanny' mode to get a feel for things.
The cars behaved in the usual fashion of flashing slip light and cutting throttle tracking out through the apex and up the track until the nanny was happy and gave the throttle back.

The second session we engaged track mode and were absolutely amazed at the difference in the car.
No flashing slip light, throttle was right there allowing throttle steering.
Tracking out past the apex with throttle was fantastic, the feel you have for the dynamics of car in your butt and hands was a HUGE improvement.

The nice thing is that there is still yaw control logic in place.
I have tracked my car with 'systems' off before and have experienced how this car can bite you with snap oversteer.
With this track mode you can feel that yaw control is still there, but it's not invasive.
(it also won't save you from the laws of physics if you do something stupid)

It's mind blowing to me that BMW didn't make this available to us from the start.

Over the years I have done a lot to improve track performance of this car, I can easily say that nothing compares to the improvement that this simple bit of coding has made.

If you track your car with nanny engaged, get this done ASAP you will love it!
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)

Last edited by inTgr8r; 09-21-2015 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 0